Jeff Nun: HUMBOLDT, Kan. (Jan. 28) – With the King of America III Modified Nationals still nearly two months away, early entries are already pouring in with fifty thrifty drivers so far adding their name to the list of combatants for the $10,000-to-win event and taking advantage of a free entry for the event.
King of America III is set for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 21-23, at Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kan., and there is no entry fee for drivers who enter early and compete all three days of the event.
The entry fee is $200 if received or postmarked by Feb. 1, but that amount will be refunded in full when the driver signs in on Saturday if he/she raced Thursday and Friday too.
After Feb. 1, the entry fee is $250 if pre-entered or $300 at the track on race day (no refund if entered after Feb. 1).
In addition to dual qualifying races on Thursday and Friday, there will be two special events each night.
On Thursday, the top 12 in passing points from 12 different states will have the opportunity to compete in a 12-lap Race of States.
Friday night will feature the USRA Race of Champions which is open to all USRA Modified track champions from the 2012 season.
The weekend culminates on Saturday with the $10,000-to-win, 100-lap championship race.
To top it off, the Iron Man Challenge for USRA B-Mods will join the party with a complete program of heat races and feature events all three nights.
For fans of the USMTS Modifieds and the legendary Humboldt Speedway, three-day reserved seat tickets are on sale now for just $50 for adults, $30 for youth ages 13-16 and $15 for kids ages 6-12. Single-day tickets will go on sale later this month. Call 515-832-7944 to order your tickets today.
2012 USMTS Rookie of the Year Stormy Scott is the defending “king” of the event. Nine-time USMTS national champion Kelly Shryock won the inaugural race in 2011.
There will be an open practice for all drivers on Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. This will be the only night for hot laps for the USMTS Modifieds. Admission to the grandstands is free. Pit passes are $20.
On Thursday and Friday, pit gates will open at 3 p.m., grandstands open at 5, the drivers meeting is at 6:15, hot laps for USRA B-Mods is at 6:45 and the first heat race gets the green flag at 7 p.m. All times are one hour earlier on Saturday.
Drivers can download an entry form at www.usmts.com/downloads or call 515-832-7944 Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time.
For camping, ATV and/or golf cart permits call 620-473-3694.
The Humboldt Speedway is a located 0.1 mile west of US 169 at the Humboldt Exit, then 0.5 mile south, then 0.9 mile east on Georgia Rd. For more information call 620-431-2470 (office) or 620-473-3694 (track) or visit www.humboldtspeedway.com.
Pre-entered drivers as of Jan. 25:
1. 1 Dennis Bishop, Chanute, Kan.
2. 16 Austin Siebert, Grandview, Mo.
3. 18jr Chase Sigg, Iola, Kan.
4. 20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas
5. 21j Joshua Everhart, Burlingame, Kan.
6. 22 Brad Buck, Paragould, Ark.
7. 25p Mike Petersilie, Hoisington, Kan.
8. 26 Dan Fetters, Montour, Iowa
9. 27 Don Gerritsen Jr., Rock Rapids, Iowa
10. 29 Jeff LeBaube, Dittmer, Mo.
11. 2c Dave Cain, Corcoran, Minn.
12. 30 Jordan Grabouski, Beatrice, Neb.
13. 33z Zack VanderBeek, New Sharon, Iowa
14. 3J Chad Johnson, Great Falls, Mt.
15. 48m Rick Murcko, Iola, Kan.
16. 66 Greg Burt, Enid, Okla.
17. 71 Jim Body, Diamond, Mo.
18. 73 Mickey Burrell, Fair Grove, Mo.
19. 75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.
20. 87 Darron Fuqua, Topeka, Kan.
21. 89 Steve Whiteaker Jr., Corpus Christi, Texas
22. 8s Chris Spencer, Tulsa, Okla.
23. 9 Ken Schrader, Concord, N.C.
24. 91 Joe Duvall, Chelsea, Okla.
25. 98 John Allen, Chanute, Kan.
26. 99 Tim North Jr., Olathe, Kan.
27. 99 Josh Angst, Winona, Minn.
28. 99h Trevor Hunt, Liberty, Mo.
29. V2 Joey Jensen, Forest Lake, Minn.
30. 22 Dustin Boney, Gower, Mo.
31. 69 Lucas Schott, Chatfield, Minn.
32. 39 Luke Driskell, Stilwell, Kan.
33. 8s Jon Sheets, Nevada, Mo.
34. 65 Tyler Davis, Derby, Kan.
35. 4a Josh Lanterman, Wichita, Kan.
36. 19r Ryan Gustin, Marshalltown, Iowa
37. 33 Al Purkey, Coffeyville, Kan.
38. 22b Rick Beebe, Shawnee, Kan.
39. 25 Ron Keith, Shawnee, Kan.
40. 12 Jason Hughes, Watts, Okla.
41. 9 Scott Daniels, Humboldt, Kan.
42. 11 Jeff Allgayer, El Campo, Texas
43. 38c Jason Pursley, Hermitage, Mo.
44. 3 Kelly Shryock, Fertile, Iowa
45. 6 Justin Folk, Iola, Kan.
46. 0 Bob Lane, Wichita, Kan.
47. 37 Logan Martin, West Plains, Mo.
48. 06 Joe Adams, Enid, Okla.
49. 51 Eddie Martin, Stilwell, Okla.
50. 22d Daniel Hilsabeck, Waukon, Iowa
To learn more about the United States Modified Touring Series, visit www.usmts.com online or call 515-832-7944. You can also like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usmts and follow us at www.twitter.com/usmts on Twitter.
USMTS OFFICIAL SPONSORS: American Racer Racing Tires, Casey’s General Stores, Cheetos, Dominator Race Products, Intercomp, KEVKO Oil Pans & Components, New Vision Graphics, Nitroquest, RACEceiver, RacinDirt.com, Snickers, Swan Energy.
USMTS PARTICIPATING SPONSORS: Allgayer Inc., Arbor Masters, ASi Racewear, BRODIX Cylinder Heads, Erson Cams, Farm Boy BBQ Sauce, Intensitee Custom Racewear, LecoLift, Mesilla Valley Transportation, O’Brien Enterprises, Olympic Fire Protection, Ramirez Motorsports, Road Runner Trucking, Ruter Farms, Sybesma Graphics.
USMTS CONTINGENCY SPONSORS: AERO Race Wheels, AFCO Racing Products, Beyea Custom Headers, COMP Cams, CPD Racing Tools, Edelbrock, Eibach Springs, Fast Shafts, Forty9Designs.com, Fuel Safe, Genesis Shocks, Hooker Harness, Integra Racing Shocks & Springs, Keyser Manufacturing, KSE Racing Products, Marsh Racing Wheels, PBM Performance Products, Quarter Master, Real Racing Wheels, Tiger Rear Ends.