Winchester, VA- Austin Stover put on a passing clinic as he came from 19th on the field to score his first career Winchester Speedway Limited Late Model feature win in the tracks season opener last Saturday night. The win for Stover, aboard his Rocket no.11, was his first win at the track since scoring a Four-Cylinder victory back in 2015.
Scott Merryman and Rodney Walls made up the front row for the start as the field went green. Merryman appeared poised for his first Winchester win as he lead well beyond the halfway point in the event. Meanwhile, Austin Stover had clawed his way to 3rd by the 17th lap and was coming in a hurry. Stover would then slide by Merryman on the 18th lap and control the final 2-circuits to post the break through win. “This is crazy, I can’t believe I’m standing here right now.” Were the words from a jubilant Austin Stover as he stood in the Winchester victory lane. “We had a power steering line come off in the heat race and I thought our night was done.” Stover quipped. “We were just hoping to come out of this with a top-ten and to get a win, is absolutely amazing.” Wesley Bonebrake rallied late for second with Rodney Walls, Jonathan DeHaven and Scott Merryman rounding out the top-five. Heats for the 20 cars entered went to Matt Marshall and Merryman.
After scoring a win at Potomac Speedway on Friday, former Winchester champion Logan Roberson, scored his second win of the weekend in the companion 20-lap RUSH Crate Late Model feature. Roberson darted from his second starting spot and would lead the distance to score the win. “We drew a bad number for our heat race but we were able to come through and get a win.” Roberson stated post race. “We got a good number for the feature and we were able to make the most of it here tonight.” Chuck Bowie was second with Joe Warren, Richard Hawkins and Darin Henderson completing the top-five. Heats for the 27 car field went to Jimmy Duncan, Warren and Roberson.
In other action, Mike Altobelli Jr. scored his first career Winchester feature win in the 20-lap Mid-Atlantic Modified event, Vance Williams took top-honors in the 15-lap Four Cylinder main with defending track champion Ricky Feltner scoring the win in the 15-lap Enduro Stock feature.
Limited Late Model feature finish
1. Austin Stover 2. Wesley Bonebrake 3. Rodney Walls 4. Jonathan DeHaven 5. Scott Merryman 6.Matt Marshall 7. James Lichliter 8. Michael Alderman 9. Kris Holliday 10. Dallas Richards 11. Matt Whitten 12. Derrick Rankin 13. Justin Dillman 14. Shaun Wetzel 15. Trae Armel 16. Dale Murphy 17. Jeremiah Marshall 18. Justin Steele 19. Josh Williams 20. Brian Pearl
RUSH Crate Late Model feature finish
1. Logan Roberson 2. Chuck Bowie 3.Joe Warren 4. Richard Hawkins 5. Darin Henderson 6. Steve Lowery 7. Tyler Hoy 8. Timmy Booth 9. Dylan Lewis 10. John Painter 11.Mike Franklin 12. Jakob Piper 13. Jimmy Duncan 14. Michael Duritsky Jr. 15. Tanner Kerr 16. Trevor Collins 17. Levi Crowl 18. Scott Sweeney Jr. 19. Devin Brannon 20. Carl Biddle 21. Billy Beachler 22. Rick Singleton 23. Damien Bidwell 24. Kevin Moore DNQ- Ryan Frazee, Jeff Koller, Scott Sweeney
Modified feature finish
1. Michael Altobelli Jr. 2. Drake Troutman 3. Alyssa Rowe 4. Ray Kable 5. Justin Cullum 6. Mike Corbin 7. James Sparks 8. Haley Kaiser 9. Keith Reed 10. Brian Green 11. Kyle Lloyd 12. Gary Moreland 13. Jeff McCauley 14. Adam Hoegerl 15. Rick Hulson 16. Austin Holmbe 17. Frank DiBella 18. Hunter McClendon
Enduro Stock feature finish
1. Ricky Feltner 2. Dylan Rutherford 3. Greg Morgan 4. Nathaniel Younker 5. Sam Caravello 6. Allen Jones 7. Dalton Dillman 8. Dave Barb 9. Ron Galvin 10. Seth Jones 11. Jonsey Jones 12. Stacy Newlin 13. Chet Morris
Four Cylinder feature finish
1. Vance Williams 2. Cody Williams 3. Allen Whitt Jr. 4. Scott McCartney 5. Jacob Whitt 6. Terry Whitt 7. Willie Dodson